Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review: Smart-Self Publishing: Becoming and Indie Author

Note:  I realize not that self-publishing is not for everyone.  If you are considering self-publishing, read on:

I just read the absolute 100% number one BEST book on Indie/Self-publishing ever written.  (Can you tell I liked the book?)


If you are new to the idea of self-publishing, thinking about self-publishing or ebook publishing, remotely curious about ebook publishing, then go online to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and buy Zoe's book.  I've spent weeks researching the Internet for epublishing info and didn't come up with a third of what Zoe gave me in one book.





Let's cut to the chase - here's why I think the book is so good.
  1. It's thorough.  Extremely thorough.   The book covers everything from writing to marketing to editing to setting up a business plan.  It even explains in simple layman's terms (and I get giddy here just thinking about it) how to format your book for Smashwords, Kindle, and Nook.  That alone makes it worth the buy.
  2. It's written in easy-to-read, conversational style, plain English.  I sat down and read it in a couple of hours - all 334 pages.  I could format a book right now...seriously.  (Not that my book is ready for that...yet.)
  3. It includes many hints for troubleshooting the entire process.  Zoe is very generous with her trial and error mistakes and does not mind explaining what not to do and why.
  4. It's cheap.  At $2.99 it is a steal. 
I can't wait to start putting her suggestions into practice.  I just wish I'd found the book two months ago!  If you buy it, come back and tell me what you think!

So what do you think about the idea of epublishing?  Would you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment