Thursday, November 4, 2010

Deciding How to Publish is Making My Head Spin!

Almost from the time I started writing my book, I've been researching the publishing industry.  Aside from the fact that traditional publishing would require a lot of time and patience (something I'm short on), it appears that very, very few authors find success publishing via the traditional route.

Enter Joe Konrath, my new favorite blogger :
http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/

Reading Joe's blog has given me two things:  major insight and, more importantly hope.  If you are a fledging writer reading this blog, PLEASE head over to Joe's page ASAP (after you finish reading this post of course).  Joe has recently posted regarding his sucess in the realm of e-publishing and my hope is to follow in his footsteps.

I am also looking toward hiring an editor I discovered on his blog.  More on that later.

As I examine the plethora of e-publishing options, the one that stands out for me is Pubit, Barnes and Noble's new e-publishing company, launched earlier this month.  Because it is new, my hope is that the opportunity is ripe to get in on the ground floor as they make effort to promote their new writers.  My hope is to have my book edited and launched before Christmas.  (Of course, I'll do Kindle via Amazon, too!)

I'll keep you posted on the updates!

Fran Yoakum Veal

No comments:

Post a Comment